Tax Increment Financing, or TIF, is a common tool for development and redevelopment of areas throughout the State of Indiana.
While sometimes controversial, RFG takes the mystery out of how TIF works and can provide a comprehensive impact of the benefits and costs of TIF on other units of government throughout the State.
What is TIF?
At the most basic level, TIF captures increases in taxable assessed value in a specified geographical area (the “Allocation Area”) and the revenue generated from that Allocation Area is used to finance economic development and redevelopment within a specified area.
RFG will assist local units of government with the establishment, monitoring, debt issuance, and other issues related to TIF, as well as provide assistance at public hearings where there it may be helpful to have expert TIF financial advisors assisting with the conversation.
Indiana Redevelopment Commissions Services
In addition to TIF services, we also perform the following services relating to Indiana Redevelopment Commissions:
- Establishment and creation of the TIF district
- Impact analysis of the establishment on other government units as required
- Monitor increment growth and distribution to ensure proper allocation of TIF Revenues
- Advise on opportunities and impacts associated with debt issuance repaid through TIF revenues
- Support in other TIF issues such as public education and establishment of appropriate accounting procedures
- Development of the Economic Development Area (EDA)
- Creation of Economic Development Plans
- Establishment of the Redevelopment Commission (RDC)
- Process of public meetings and adoptions by proper authorities
- TIF Neutralization
- TIF Real and Personal Property Tax Revenue Projections
- Redevelopment Commission Long Term Operating and Capital Improvement Planning